St. Paul's Baptist Church 1000 Wallace St. Phila. PA 19123
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Reverend Dr. Leslie D. Callahan, Pastor
Welcome to St. Paul’s
An Invitation from Pastor Callahan
Whether you're happy or sad, lost or lonely, full of questions,
or just looking for somewhere to feel at home,
there is a place for you at St. Paul's.
Our Church Wide Study journey continues…
Church Wide Small Group Bible Study
Weekly Scripture Reading: Monday, March 10 - Saturday, March 15, 2014
Monday: Matthew 4:1-11
Tuesday: Genesis 2:15-17; 3:1-7
Wednesday: Psalm 32
Thursday: 1 Corinthians 10:1-13
Friday: Hebrews 2:10-18
Saturday: James 1:1-16
Questions for Reflection and Small Group Discussion
We are only days into our Lenten season and for some of us, the journey has already proven to be a challenge. Whether we have started off with flying colors or found our commitment to give up some things and to take on some others to be more difficult than we expected, it is certain that this path… this journey through the wilderness… is one marked by moments and times of testing. The scripture readings and questions for this week are not only designed to help us consider what it means to be tested by God, but will hopefully help us to understand what the Lord’s ultimate goal and intention for our times of testing really is.
1. In school were you a good test taker? How did you fare under pressure? How did you prepare for tests?
2. As you reflect on your Christian journey, how do handle seasons of testing or experiences where you are being tested? Do the patterns at all resemble your experience and patterns as a student in other contexts?
3. In seasons of testing, how do you know when you have passed? How do you know if you have failed?
4. The gospel writer makes it clear that Jesus’ time of testing was initiated by the Spirit of God as he was led into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. Have you ever experienced the Spirit of God leading you into a wilderness experience where you were tempted and tried? Did knowing that God was behind the scenes leading you help you to manage the experience?
5. What lessons might the scriptures above have to teach you concerning this Lenten season?
Current Small Group Meeting Times
Sundays: 9:30 a.m.
Wednesdays: 11:30 a.m.
*If another time works best, please let us know.
INTERESTED IN LEADING A SMALL GROUP?
Email us at email@example.com or call the church office at 215-763-1502.
Are you ready for the next part of our challenge?